Last Updated: 01.17.2023
What Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Services, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including Personal Information about you. “Personal Information” refers to information about you that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, or transaction information.
Specifically, we may collect, store, or process information when you:
- Contact us via with inquiries, including via email;
- Donate via the Site;
- Submit a form on the Site;
- Contact us with inquiries, including via email;
- Subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise sign up to receive communications; or
- Voluntarily provide information.
Why We Collect Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To present our Services to you;
- To process transactions;
- To personalize your experience;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Site feature;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our Services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To improve our Services;
- To perform analytics to learn about the behavior of our Service users;
- To send periodic emails relating to occasional company news, updates, or related information;
- With your permission, we may send you marketing emails about our Services and other updates;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site visitors is among the assets transferred.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
This, in turn, helps us make our Services relevant to your interests and needs. We use a number of different Tracking Technologies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Sound Future to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted or Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are visiting the Site and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at:
www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or www.youradchoices.ca/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also opt-out of targeted advertising directly on the advertising platform by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads, https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous, and https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. If you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies or use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to improve our Site’s functions. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business;
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- With affiliates if you opt-in to receiving communications from affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sound Future or others.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect your Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your information to our Platform thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites and Social Media
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Site.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using this Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review and Correction of Your Information
Sound Future Foundation
207 High Point Drive,
Victor, NY 14564